Lesson 1 迎賓送客 - Part2. General sentences 常用句子
1. Welcome 歡迎光臨
2. Welcome to our restaurant/shop.
Welcome to my birthday party. 歡迎來我的生日派對
Welcome to my farewell party/goodbye party. 歡迎來我的歡送派對
3. Is this your first time in Tainan?
=Are you new here?
Ans: Yes, I am new here./ This is my first time in Tainan.
Ans: No, I have been here two times/twice.
4. Where are you from?
=Where do you come from?
Ans: I am from the U.S.A.
5. I’m Alan, nice to meet you.
6. How are you?
=How do you do? (美國人常用)
=How are you doing?
And you? (若對方向你問好，回答之後可以反問對方好不好)
(與What are you doing不同，What are you doing是你正在做什麼的意思，對方可能會回答I am eating./I am writing my homework.)
I’m good. = I’m fine. = I’m ok. 很好
Excellent = Fantastic = Very good. = Perfect. 非常好
Not bad. = Not much. = So so. 不錯
7. Do you have a reservation?
A: Yes, I do. →可以接著問Whose name is your reservation under?(訂位時是訂誰的名字?)，對方可能會回答It is under Mr. Chen./My reservation is under my name, Alan.
B: No, I don’t. 不，我沒有訂位
8. We’re fully booked until 7:30, would you like to wait?
9. I’ll call you when the table is ready.
=I’ll call you if we have vacancy.
10. May I help you?
= Can I help you?
= How may I help you?
=Do you need any help?
=What can I do for you?
11. Is that for here or to go?
= For here or to go?
Ans: For here, please=Please for here. 內用，謝謝
12. How many people?
= How many in your party?
13. Are you a party of four?
= Are you a table for four?
= Are you guys four people?
14. Wait a/one moment, please.
= Wait a/one second, please.
= Wait for a while.
15. Your table is ready.
16. Please follow me.
= Please come with me.
A: Excuse me. Where is the bathroom?
B: Please follow me. I will show/take you to the bathroom.
17. Ill take/show you to your table.
18. Please take/have a seat.
19. Do you need a high chair for your baby?
→若服務生沒有詢問自己也可以用Can/May I have a high chair for my baby?來詢問是否可以要一張兒童椅
20. Would you like something to eat/drink?
= What would you like to eat/drink?
=Would you like something to have?
A: Would you like something to have?
B1: I want to have some water. =I want to drink some water. 我想要喝點水
B2: I want to have tofu. =I want to eat tofu. 我想吃豆腐
21. Ill bring the menu right away.
22. Here is our menu. Please take your time to read it.
=Here’s our menu. Please take/have a look.
23. Ill be back to you in a moment.
= Ill be back to you in a while.
24. May I take your order now?
= Would you like to order now?
=Are you ready to order now?
25. Im afraid that table is reserved/booked.
1. Thank you for coming.
2. Excuse me. Its closing time.
3. Have a nice day.